FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. — A 32-year-old man overdosed for the fourth time on heroin Aug. 8 at his house.
Deputies were able to revive the man after his mother found him unresponsive in his room with a used syringe nearby.
The man’s father said his son left work that day after complaining about his back hurting, and assumed the man went home. The man instead drove to downtown Atlanta. His girlfriend confirmed the man’s location when the two video chatted.
The man arrived home later that afternoon and his younger sister saw him go to his bedroom. His mother came home and found the man in his unresponsive condition.
The mother called 911 and administered CPR until paramedics arrived to administer Narcan which revived him. He was transported to Northside Hospital Forsyth in stable condition.
His parents said this was his fourth heroin overdose, but they thought he had been clean since January when he completed rehab.