ATLANTA — The Georgia HOSA State Leadership Conference was held March 9-11 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
Winners will compete at the International Leadership Conference in June in Orlando, Fla.
HOSA was created with the idea of providing students opportunities to develop as a leader and a future employee. Georgia HOSA created in 2000 now serves over 14,000 members. Forsyth middle and high schools were successful at this year’s conference.
Otwell Middle School:
- 1st Place: Chloe Enchill, Ethan Fortgang, Grace Mercer and TJ Stevens in Health Education
- 2nd Place: Isabella Busse and Janka Shah in Health Career Display
South Forsyth Middle School:
- 1st Place: Lane Banta in Health Career Exploration, Neharika Kutagulla, Vibha Mohan and Sindu Nama in Health Education, Iti Jain in Healthy Lifestyle, Maddie Foster in Medical Reading, Shanthi Hedge in Extemporaneous Health Poster, Ashriitha Shanmugam in Medical Terminology, Srishti Talati in Nutrition Knowledge, Avinash Atluru, Suraj Geddam, Bharath Vantaru and Sumanth Viravalli in Public Health, Sathya Dilibabu and Nyanth Thatta in Health Career Display
- 2nd Place: Grace Yao in Nutrition Knowledge, Sparsh Tilati in Medical Reading, Tanvi Guraj in Health Career Exploration, Tharini Ramakrishnan Kavitha in Medical terminology and Kabir Jain in Prepared Speaking
- 3rd Place: Toni Winiker in Health Career Exploration, Akshitha Puvvada in Healthy Lifestyle, Tapasya Katta in Medical Reading, Chris Efobi in Medical Terminology and Vidya Manivannan in Extemporaneous Health Poster
Forsyth Central High School:
- 1st Place: Sagan de Castro in Pharmacology
- 3rd Place: Avery Lewis in Behavioral Health Science and Parker Gray in Epidemiology
Lambert High School:
- 1st Place: Sujith Abbagoni, Justin Ahn, Mehul Kumar and John Park in Biomedical Debate, Julia Chang in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Shreya Bayyapureddy, Siri Gandreddi, and Sindhu Sukumar in Community Awareness and Aniket Adhikari and Berry Choi in Emergency Medical Technician, Shannon Xayaraj in Dental Terminology, Isabella Rakhlis in Healthy Lifestyle, Nethra Pillai in Medical Spelling
- 2nd Place: Rohil Badkundri in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Frankie Kim, Joowon Kim, Elizabeth Lansden and Chris Ree in Creative Problem Solving, Vishnavi Batchu and Kareena Trivedi in Health Career Display Board, Mahi Patel and Sarah Grayce Van Slyke in Health Education, Nicole Mistry in Human Growth and Development
- 3rd Place: Lauren Hong in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Alexis Hong and Vikram Sahgal in CERT Skills Emergency Preparedness, Rhea Bhalla, Asia Murray, Maya Patel and Megha Sequeria in Community Awareness, Chen Lin in Dental Terminology, Sanja Reddy in Medical Assisting, Saher Dossani, Sharnitha Sudhaner, Srinidhi Vangala and Tara Velappan in Public Health